Monday, April 29, 2013

Porteño Life

The weeks passed by and slowly I really begin to get used to this city, these people, the streets and huge houses. I know I will never get used to eat so late, or sleeping so long or drinking coffee without a coffe machine but some pulver that barely consists of real coffee (luckily they have starbucks here). But in fact, all these little things do not bother me that much-its another city, a complete different world so far away from home.
Its halftime-six weeks Im here now in Buenos Aires and six more weeks are left. All I can say until now is that I dodnt regret doing this exchange at all-my spanish got really good now, I met so many nice people but the most important: I learned a lot about myself, about my kind of beginning friendships and also noticed that Im not the most self-confident person in this world. I think in the past weeks I got mentally stronger-I hope these next weeks will be great for me: to enjoy maybe the last time this really interesting porteño life. But now-enough talking about myself, here some fotos and experiences I want to share with you.

My favourite place to relax and go for a run: the parks of Palermo





some really nice germans from school


Plaza Rosedal




Andalusia

 
a fruteria in Palermo Soho



Another must-do in Buenos Aires is the bookshop "El Ateneo" on the "Avenida Santa Fe" also in Palermo. It is a former theatre with a huge collection of books from latin america but also from around the world.



What I really enjoy doing too is sitting on the roof of our house, watching the traffic of Buenos Aires and the sun setting. Its amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment