Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Shots of Buenos Aires


a bridge with colorful art

Because my camera wasnt working well I could only take a few photos of my last weekend which we spent in Recoleta. On sundays there is a a huge "feria"(market) in the park which Ive told you something about in one of my last posts, and its full of people drinking the famous "Mate" and enyoing the sun laying in the grass. For those of you who dont now what "Mate" is: its THE drink of Argentina and Uruguay. Almost everyone here drinks it everywhere-even while they are walking, working or just sitting in a park. Its more than just drinking this interesting tasting kind of tea-which many foreigners do not like at first. Its kind of a sharing, talking to friends and drinking and drinking their mate. Many people drink it with sugar even though thats kind of destroying the tradition. In my case-after drinking it a few times I really got into it and every time I drink it I feel a bit more like a "porteño".




recoleta park

university of law
 Another thing I really enjoyed-apart from alternative looking people-was the music they were playing in the park. Amazing jazz music which sounded so great together with the sun setting and the whole growd of people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment