Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Barrio Chino-Chinatown

Like many big cities in the world-London, Sydney or New York-Buenos Aires has a Chinatown as well. You may think its one of the huge ones because of the size of BA but its mostly just one street. Even though its small I liked it a lot being there and eating at first cheaply at a chinese restaurant with Martu and her friend Camila, and then visiting a bad smelling chinese supermarket. There, weve bought an ice cream tasting like melone.

Sometimes you didnt want to know what they were selling! :D
Apart from plenty of shops selling all the same crapy stuff, there was also a great hippie shop with amazing bags and clothes. Furthermore, I discovered the next time I went there, the "Casa China" with chinese teas, drinks, spices and rice. Another thing which surprised me that they sold a creme, Weleda, which I use a lot in Germany, and Ive seen it for the first time here.
Even though everyone is calling this district "Chinatown", its officially called "Asiatown" after some habitants protested because they were from other parts of Asia too.
It was a relaxing, yummy and interesting day because Ive seen a Chinatown for the first time of my life.

chinese shops everywhere

the bad smelling supermarket

what the...

martu and me at the restaurant...yey


No comments:

Post a Comment