Thursday, November 8, 2012

3 Days In Paris

Last week I spent 5 days in Paris, 3 of them the whole day. I have a friend there, Sarah. I met her in my hometown Cologne where she did an exchange with another student. Her exchange partner wasn't nice so I began talking to her and we had many things in common. We both loved watching films, special films, independent films, films my other friends do not watch.
So we went to the cinema, watching "Moonrise Kingdom", a funny and beautiful film with great music. We got friends and after she left Cologne we still kept contact. She invited me to her. She is living in a "banlieu" of Paris, just half an hour away from Paris. Her hometown is a small and sweet little french town with many old people and little houses.
Fortunateley, Cologne is just 3 hours away from Paris but only with the train. I arrived there at 10 p.m; Sarah and her father said "Bonsoir, enchanté!" and my Paris adventure began.
The next morning, the mother made a typical french breakfast: delicious croissants, warm baguettes, apricot marmelade and lavendel honey. Sarah's mother is german so she spoke german with me most of the time exept of the evenings.

After this great start, Sarah, her mother and me were heading to Paris by train. We decided to do all this tourist sights, so we firstly climped the "Tour Eiffel"!
We had a beautiful view over the roofs of Paris and we had much luck with the weather. Then we visited sights like "Invalide", "Grand et Petit Palais", "Pont Alexandre" and "Nottre Dame".











We mostly walked, so we did a break in a cute café and I drank a hot chocolate for 5 Euros.


After spending some time in "Quartier Latin" and wakling along the "Seine" we were exhausted but we still wanted to go on top of the "Arc De Triumph" because of the great view. I have to admit that the view of there was a bit better than the one on the "Tour Eiffel"...




In the evening, the kind family made a typical french dinner: firstly an "Apérétif" where we ate some avocados with creme and tomatos. It has been the first time that I exprienced such a big dinner. After the chocolate tarte I just wanted to sleep. 

Even though I'd still been tired of the day before, Sarah and me decided to go to Paris again. But this time we weren't lucky: it rained the whole day!

                                                     A counter in the "Galerie Lafayett"
                                                                                    Christmas in November?
The last day I spent my day walking around the famous district "Montmartre". An art district full of tourists but a beautiful architecture, sweet cafés and the impressing church "Sacre Coeur". I love the "brasseries" and "patesseries" in Paris. Delicous cakes and sweets like "Eclair"or "Pain au chocolat" are everywhere around there. Like a typical tourist, a russian artist drew me...and all the asian tourist took pictures of me while he was working on my portrait.  One tip: don't go to the artists where everyone is going: the ones in the little streets take much less money (20€ instead of 40€).


A last view over Paris in front of the church.

I loved Paris but I also hope that I'll visit the city again: but this time I'd go where I won't find any tourists. I often didn't hear any french-I had the feeling that the french people aren't living here.
I had a great time with Sarah's family and got to know a bit of a french lifestyle.

                                                 One of the stone houses in Sarahs "Banlieu"

                                                                  Au revoir Paris!

No comments:

Post a Comment